05 Feb Chocolate Brownie Pie
A big “Thanks” to everyone who stopped by to help us with our Foodbuzz contest entry. Well, we didn’t win. Life sometimes gives you lemons. When life gives Doc lemons he saves them for a damn margarita and cooks something chocolate. This is also delicious for Valentine’s Day (and is really easy, Guys).
- 1 oz unsweetened cocoa ( I use Scharffenberger)
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate (I use Ghirardelli)
- 12 oz + 2 tbsp hot water
- 12 oz vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp melted butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup demura or light brown sugar
- 2 eggs + 2 yolks
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate chunks (I use Ghirardelli)
- 1 oz toasted coconut
- 1 oz toasted macadamia nut pieces
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 inch round cake pan. In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, mix the chocolate with the cocoa and melt with the hot water. Add the oil and melted butter. Add the sugar, eggs, vanilla and almond extract. When the mixture is smooth, fold in the chocolate, coconut and macadamia nut pieces. Pour into the cake pan. Bake for about 30 minutes until the middle just comes clean after a toothpick is inserted. Remove and cool.